Discoveries Soccer Club, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is located in Rock Hill, SC. It is affiliated with the South Carolina Youth Soccer Association (SCYSA), United States Youth Soccer Association, and US Club Soccer. The club fields boys and girls teams in U8 through U18 divisions, competing in various regional and statewide leagues in the Southeast, include: the Region III Premier League, the South Carolina State Challenge League (SCSCL), the President’s Medal Soccer League (PMSL) and Sandlapper League.
Our program philosophy focuses on providing every player a positive learning environment that encourages self-confidence, leadership and, through quality coaching, the opportunity to attain the soccer skills necessary to reach their full potential regardless of their level of play. We provide a safe atmosphere where we stress age appropriate training and methodology, and place development above winning.
US Soccer Federation age groups are changing to calendar birth years beginning with 2016 Tryouts. This affects all players. Please check your age group carefully when reviewing the tryout ages and dates. All players planning to try out for an older age group listed must first have approval from their DOC prior to registering. The chart below is for both boys and girls.
|BIRTH YEAR||2016-2017 BOYS||TRYOUT DATES||TIMES||LOCATION|
|2003||U14||May 14 – 15||3:00pm – 4:30pm||Manchester|
|2002||U15||May 14 – 15||3:00pm – 4:30pm||Manchester|
|2004||U13||May 14 – 15||6:00pm – 7:30pm||Manchester|
|2000||U17||May 16 – 17||5:00pm – 6:30pm||Manchester|
|2001||U16||May 16 – 17||7:00pm – 8:30pm||Manchester|
|1997/98||*U19/20||May 18 – 19||5:00pm – 6:30pm||Manchester|
|1999||U18||May 18 – 19||7:00pm – 8:30pm||Manchester|
|BIRTH YEAR||2016-2017 GIRLS||TRYOUT DATES||TIMES||LOCATION|
|1997/98||*U19/20||May 14 – 15||9:00am – 10:30am||Manchester|
|1999||U18||May 14 – 15||9:00am – 10:30am||Manchester|
|2000||U17||May 14 – 15||9:00am – 10:30am||Manchester|
|2001||U16||May 14 – 15||11:00am – 12:30pm||Manchester|
|2002||U15||May 14 – 15||11:00am – 12:30pm||Manchester|
|2003||U14||May 14 – 15||1:00pm – 2:30pm||Manchester|
|2004||U13||May 14 – 15||1:00pm – 2:30pm||Manchester|
|BIRTH YEAR||2016-2017 JUNIOR ACADEMY||TRYOUT DATES||TIMES||LOCATION|
|2005||U12||May 4 – 5||5:30pm – 7:00pm||Manchester|
|2006||U11||May 4 – 5||5:30pm – 7:00pm||Manchester|
|2007||U10||May 2 – 3||5:30pm – 7:00pm||Manchester|
|2008||U9||May 2 – 3||5:30pm – 7:00pm||Manchester|
|2009||U8||May 2 – 3||5:30pm – 7:00pm||Manchester|
*U19/20 Eligible players born from 8/1/97 – 12/31/98.
Registration: All returning players must tryout and pay the tryout fee- no exceptions.
• Your player must register in his/her true age group based on birth date as of per the new USSF calendar birth year age group schedule listed above.
• Our registration programs will list both the age group as well as birth year to help clarify your selection. Ex. U14/03.
• If you previously created a user name and password to register for a program, you have an existing account and would return to that account as a registered user to register for 2016-17.
• If you have never registered for a DSC program, you are a new member, and would start by creating a username and password, and follow the prompts.
Tryout Fees: $30 per player (includes tryout t-shirt). You may pay online by credit/debit card or at the field with check or cash with the ‘pay by mail option’. Print your registration receipt and bring to the field. Deadline to register is 24 hours prior to your tryout date. If registering at the field the cost will be $35.
Arrival Time: Players must check-in at the tents in front of the turf field for your field assignment and to receive your tryout shirt. Please arrive no later than 30 minutes prior to tryout start time.
• All players are expected to attend both tryout sessions.
• T-shirts will be given with a tryout number which will be used for both sessions – please have your player wear it to each session- we will not be able to issue an additional shirt the second session.
• Bring a ball, and plenty of water.
• Wear shin guards and cleats.
• Every new player must register and tryout in their true age group according to their birth year the 1st (first) night. (See age group chart above). Trying out for a team up an age group is determined by the coaching staff. If allowed, your player may tryout with an older age group on the 2nd (second) day of tryouts unless prior approval was granted at the time of registration.
Team Placement and Acceptance:
• Players are evaluated and placed on teams with players of similar ability to promote growth and development of each player.
• Players will be notified within 48-72 hours of tryouts/evaluations.
• To accept your roster slot, please pay the $200 non-refundable commitment fee online at your account within 24 hours of notification. If you are unable to pay with debit/credit card, please call Beth Balint at 803.372.3442 to arrange a payment option.
• If you have a balance from the 2015-16 seasons or did not pay tryout fees, your player will not be placed on a roster until fees are up to date.
• You will receive an email with commitment night information and the registration packet.
Club Financial Overview
|Age Group/Level||Season||Program Details||Yearly Fees|
|U8-10 Academy||Fall/Spring||Min. 3 sessions per week, 1 x 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp||1,000.00|
|U11-12 Academy||Fall/Spring||Min. 3 sessions per week, 1 x 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, SCYSA League Play||1,080.00|
|U12-14 Classic 1 & U12-15 Open||Fall/Spring||Min. 2 sessions per week, one 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, SCYSA League Play||1,130.00|
|U12-15 Challenge||Fall/Spring||Min. 3 sessions per week, one 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, Fitfor90 account, SCYSA League Play||1,300.00|
|U14 Premier***||Fall/Spring||Min. 3 sessions per week, one 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, Fitfor90 account, R3PL League Play||1,500.00|
|U15-19 Classic 1 & Open||Fall||Min. 2 sessions per week, one 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, SCYSA League Play||1,000.00|
|U16-19 Challenge||Fall||Min. 3 sessions per week, one 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, Fitfor90 account, SCYSA League Play||1,125.00|
|U15-19 Premier||Fall||Min. 3 sessions per week, one 2hr Speed session per season, Preseason camp, Fitfor90 account, R3PL League Play||1,350.00|
***U14 Region 3 Premier level fees will be adjusted pending qualification.
Junior Academy and Select Program Fees Include:
4 day Preseason camp, 2-3 training sessions/week, one 2 hour block of speed and agility training with Asaad Davis per active season, goal keeper training, team equipment, player registration and insurance, league fees, referee fees, practice and game field rental and administrative costs.
**Premium Adidas uniform kit. (fall 2016 is the 2nd year in the 2 year cycle.) State Cup entry fee and related expenses; coach travel expenses; team tournament expenses – all paid directly to the team- these range from $100-$200 per season depending on the team and the number of tournaments.
If you are in need of financial assistance you can Click Here to download the financial assistance application. Bring completed forms and appropriate documentation to the commitment night meeting. To receive financial aid players will be asked to also make a smaller commitment fee upon acceptance of the roster slot. Financial aid assistance forms without documentation and payment will not be processed. Financial Aid is available – deadline is May 25. Mail application to Discoveries Soccer Club, 1974 Carolina Place, Suite 120, Fort Mill, SC 29708.
Commitment Meetings dates, times and locations will be posted soon.
Inclement Weather: Call the DSC weather line at 803.980.1678, check facebook- discoveries sc
Program Questions: Dave Carton, 803.372.3441, firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Questions: Beth Balint at 803.372.3442 or email@example.com